Thursday, October 11, 2007

Playing

Lately I've been playing with the new camera Mac and I bought for our birthdays, and more recently, with blogs. Life has been pretty stressful with family troubles, and this has been a way of running away and hiding for a few hours. I thought I'd put up a few pictures of our home - Secret Waters - and of the nearby beach at Raglan.

Out front of our house.

Bob enjoying our bush

Newly planted Ikebana Gold willows - generously given to us by Peter Cave

Mt Karioi at sunset: view from our house

and at moon set

Jeff & me on the beach: it is so wonderful to have a 17yo son who will walk down the beach arm in arm with his mother.

The beach at dusk - why does anyone want to live anywhere else but here?

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh! I was all set to get on with the drudgery of my day (well, get myself some lunch, anyway) and then I got your email. I *love* your blog already and it's just brand new. I got goosebumps reading your poetry and have bookmarked it for a daily visit. There is that saying "Home is Where the Heart Is" or something along those lines, and that is why your home and surrounds are as they are, because there's a little bit of you sprinkled everywhere you've been.

    I don't even know what that means or why I wrote it, but I can't be bothered deleting it and starting again because it will jusst come out worse!

    Nigel went to an evening with Carol Storey last night (I wanted to go on the Breast Cancer Walk first), she was doing a seminar on her great-great-great-grandfather Mokomoko, who was also the great-great-great-great-grandfather of Nigel's Best Man. I'm so waffly this morning. The point of *that* little wandering was to say that I was thinking of you yesterday, as anytime I see/hear Carol Storey I think of you.

    Glad you invited me into your little corner of the internet? ;o)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You are always such an inspiration to me, Debs, so your words mean a lot! We always seem to be either very busy, or recovering from busyness, but I keep thinking, "I wanna go see Debbie!" Soon, I keep promising myself.....

    ReplyDelete