Wednesday, October 1, 2008

and they lived happily ever after......

One of my oldest friends got married on Saturday. A few years ago I wept when she left the country to live in Thailand for a while and Saturday saw me in tears again. This time it was happiness though. She has had a hard life, with her son getting leukemia when he was just 3 years old and her daughter still a small baby, and her marriage subsequently breaking up.

However she rises to the occasion - even when the occasion goes on for years! Her faith in God has helped her, even though I, a born-again atheist, cannot understand it, and she is the sort of person who I consider a 'real' Christian.

Her son is now flatting and has a job he enjoys. Her daughter is married with two children, and pregnant with her third. And E herself has now found well-deserved happiness with an intelligent, humorous, kind man. I am so happy for them both.

A few months ago Jeff and I went and helped E and her daughter put together the wedding invitations and I took the scraps home so that I could make them a matching wedding album.

No comments:

Post a Comment