Monday, October 20, 2014

In Flower Today


 A native - I've forgotten what it's called, but it's so pretty in an understated way.
 Blueberries in the making.
 Elderflower cordial in the making
 Monty's Surprise apples.
 A grape flower. Haha - three of the chooks roost on the grapevine on the fence - I guess one got caught short and didn't make it to the nesting box.
 One of my mother-in-law's cuttings gone crazy.
 A scrap bucket avocado.
 An apple tree that got blown almost down in the winter storms.
 Last of the pear blossom.
 Another Monty's Surprise.

 Cooking apple
 Nashi - 5 days ago there were just a handful of flowers out.

An apricot tree my aunt (who died about 10 years ago) grew from a stone, and gave to me in a pot. I never took it out of the pot, never got around to planting it, but still it grows.
Even the buttercups provide food - not directly for us, but the bees collect the pollen to feed the brood. 
 
And they are so very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment