Sunday, April 26, 2015

Texture, Pattern, Shape


Since starting the Documented Life Project, I have become way more aware of texture, pattern and shapes. They are an intrinsic part of the new techniques and materials I am using on my pages.


This week I went to visit my friend, Chantal, who is living in Tairua for a while. It seems my increased awareness has me noticing texture, pattern and shapes in the 'real' world too.


On the way there I stopped lots of times because my sore leg needed to be stretched often, and so I took lots of pictures.









I went for lots of walks with Chantal too, and as well as shots of the wider glorious scenery, I again focused on texture, pattern and shapes.














What was really a bit scary was that on the drive over I became so high on the beauty I saw, and the joy of living in such an amazing world, that I found my senses of taste and touch kicking in just from visual input. I'm glad I've never taken hallucinatory drugs - I think I might be one of those people who get completely lost.













No comments:

Post a Comment