Monday, June 1, 2015

Winter Days - A reminder that it's not all grey

It's easy for me to fall into gloom when the weather turns grey and the days get short. So I'm making a reminder that winter isn't all bleak and dark. I will try to remember to come and look at this when the hair on the back of my neck rises, warning that that damn black dog is creeping up behind me.

 On a crisp morning the sun rises promising a beautiful day.

 The frost outlines the grasses
 and keeps the bees inside their hives.
 I love the way the frost draws me in to notice the shapes and patterns, suddenly unfamiliar.

 The nasturtiums are not so enthusiastic,
 and my hands are gloved for the first time this winter.
 I love our view of Mt Karioi
 and even when it's cloud covered, I can still see it in my mind.
 Colour - the blues and greens, lemon-yellow and guava-red.
 Fifteen minutes drive away, my favourite place to walk - Ngarunui Beach.





 
 






 Then a trip to the farm in Waitetuna for our weekly milk supply.
 Home, to be greeted by the pukeko family
 who insist they have right of way.

 First year the camellias have flowered - so perfect.
And another glorious day over.

The black dog cannot approach when I hold this glory in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment