Friday, June 3, 2016

April Holiday: Golden Bay - Takaka & Te Waikoropupu Springs

Wednesday we did something I'd been especially looking forward to - meeting another internet friend for the first time in real life. Amy is a musician, and a designer seamstress extraordinaire. She is also a lovely friendly and generous person who helped me when I was feeling very tentative about buying my first ever overlocker. I love her beautifully designed clothes. And at last I met her, and her children.

First Amy took us to look at the little shop she runs, along with a couple of other women. The Enchanted Toadstool is a very cool mudbrick building set in the Takaka community gardens.









From there went went to see the amazing Te Waikoropupu Springs. Those of us who have visited the Blue Spring near Putaruru think that's pretty amazing, but think Blue Spring times ten! Simply stunning, totally magical.









Then it was back to the camping ground for the last night, with a stop at a gorgeous little beach on the way.































No comments:

Post a Comment