Wednesday, June 1, 2016

April Holiday: Over the Hill

When the boys and I came to Nelson in 1999, I had planned to go over the Takaka Hill to Golden Bay. However there was a bush fire on the hill, and they closed the road. Nearly seventeen years later I finally made it! I think I could have driven over the hill back then, but my vertigo has gotten a lot worse since then, and I felt really ill, even with Mac driving. Me and heights - not a good mix. But, oh, so very beautiful.














And so to the camping ground at Collingwood, which is right on the beach. We had booked a cabin for the weekend, while I was at my workshop, but after out tenting experience in Nelson, decided to spend the extra and stay in cabins for the rest of the holiday - 'warm' and 'dry' aren't adventurous descriptors, but they sure a nice!



























No comments:

Post a Comment